About Sustainable and Secure Smallholder Systems @Scale Project-4S@Scale
Sustainable and Secure Smallholder Systems @ Scale (4S@SCALE)project is a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands (DGIS) with an overall objective of ‘Improving the livelihoods of small holder coffee farmers in East Africa’. This is a five year programme (2013-2018) that aims at creating viable smallholder coffee farming systems to stimulate the coffee sector in East Africa to regain its vitality and offer long-term business opportunities. 4S@Scale is implemented through a partnership between the Kenya Biogas Program, (KBP) , Sustainable Management Services Limited (SMS) and Coffee management Services (CMS) with technical and financial support from SNV-(Netherlands Development Organization) and the Hivos Foundation respectively.
Promotion of the dairy value chain among the coffee producers is one of the program activities (anchored on the income diversification activity, Result area 5). Capacity development in the dairy value chain is one of the strategies within the program to increase milk production (quantity as well as quality). It is against this background that the programme seeks to recruit Dairy Coordinators to roll out Biodigester activities in the participating coffee cooperatives.
The 4S@scale programme in Kenya is looking for two suitable candidates to fill the positions of a Dairy Coordinator(s) to support implementation of the Diary Activities among her clients. The Dairy Coordinator will have a double reporting line to SMS/CMS and to SNV.
What is your responsibility?
The coordinator will the responsible for promotion of Dairy Value chain activities in 4S@Scale program which entails:-
- Formation of Dairy Common interest Groups (CIGs) in Coffee Cooperatives and manage growth of the CIGs
- Sensitization of the Coffee Cooperative Societies Management Boards on Dairy activities
- Conduct Dairy Training to Promoter Farmers and CIG members including exchange visits/tours on demand basis
- Supervise Dairy activities by Promoter farmers
- Establish and manage fodder demonstration farms
- Conduct practical fodder conservation training sessions
- Facilitate linkages with Service provider Enterprises (SPEs) for silage making on demand basis
- Manage stakeholder collaboration and strategic partnerships in the dairy value chain in programme area e.g. input supply, service provision and milk markets
- Facilitate CIGS and Farmers to access Artificial Insemination services and report data
- Regular Periodic Reporting –submission of Monthly activity reports and Milk production and AI data
What is your profile?
- A minimum of Diploma in Agriculture/ Dairy Technology/Animal health or any related field with 3 years’ professional experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/Animal Science or any related field with 2 years’ professional experience.
- The candidate needs to have a clear understanding of the Dairy Value chain in Kenya working with farmer groups/organizations.
- The candidate must be from or willing to reside in the Program areas of operation.
- Computer Proficiency.
This position will run for two years with annual contracts renewable based on performance
Expected start date
As soon as possible.
What do we offer
A stimulating work environment within a professional international organization with very dedicated staff.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.