LEGAL OFFICER SCALE PB 6.1– KPOSB/LEGAL/01/17.Post Bank
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the position is responsible for facilitating the legal mandate of the Institution by providing efficient and effective legal services to the Bank. Also manage legal risks and ensure compliance with relevant legal statutes.
• Verify security documents and ensure that they are duly registered as required.
• Liaise with external lawyers, valuers, auctioneers and other consultants.
• Process legal documents pertaining to loans.
• Draw contracts, leases and other legal documents and ensure they are signed and sealed by authorised signatories.
• Follow up on litigation matters and attend court cases.
• Conduct legal research on legal issues and statutes guiding the operations of Bank and ensuring recovery of monies owed to the bank by debtors.
• Undertake assessment of fee notes for advocates and other consultants engaged by the Bank and witnessing of Bank documents.
• Provide legal advice to the Management of the Bank.
• Manage all insurance policies and claims for the Bank.
• Negotiate on insurance renewals and execute all insurance policy agreements.
• Advise on risk areas that may arise and ensuring they are adequately covered by relevant policies.
• Maintain and update the insurance assets register.
• Prepare budgets for renewal and advise on controlling expenditure.
• Provide insurance reports to appropriate officers.
• Attending to customer’s complaints and matters.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised university.
• Post graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law.
• Certificate of Admission as an Advocate of the High Court.
• CPS (K) qualification will be an added advantage.
• Computer proficiency.
• 3 years post admission working experience.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Negotiation skills.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 4th Floor, Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street. An acknowledgement receipt will be issued. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P. O. Box 30311-00100
All applications should be received not later than Friday 31st March 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.