Reporting to the Dean of Graduate School and Director of Research /Extension, the job holder will be responsible for conducting research, consultancy and capacity building in research activities and statistical methods, and organization, analysis, storage, dissemination and publication of academic research efforts.
- Manage the design of research/survey instruments, coordination, data control, data collection and storage of instruments.
- Provide technical guidance and support for students and faculty research efforts and capacity building,
- Coordinate with respective university research units to provide support for conferences, trainings and workshops and publication efforts
- Maintain data records and reports related to faculty research efforts.
- Develop data analysis plans and perform data analysis as needed.
- Deliver and champion capacity building and learning strategies and skills
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for data collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with the grant writer to develop research proposals and institutional research to enhance the faculty research profile database.
- Performance of any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant Social Science with bias in quantitative and qualitative analysis, from an accredited university;
- At least Three (3) years of progressive experience in Research and Capacity Building in a reputable organization.
- Strong knowledge of research evaluation methodology , data quality assurance , analysis and reporting
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as STATA, SPSS, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Experience conducting field research preferably in educational settings, and managing a research team
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and Interpersonal skills,
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills.
- Ability to manage large and complex databases
- Ability to teach complex statistical concepts to non-statisticians
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.