Department:People & Change Kenya
Reference Number 130-PEO00701
Our client CMC Motors Group Ltd (CMC) is a leading player in the East African motor industry with exclusive distribution of Ford, Mazda, and Suzuki vehicles. CMC also distributes UD, Eicher and MAN range of trucks (medium and heavy commercial) and buses. CMC Motors is owned by CMC Holdings Ltd, a subsidiary of the Al-Futtaim Group.
To support its objectives of transformation and sustained profitability, CMC is looking to recruit a high caliber, strategic, results oriented, performance driven, conscientious, passionate individual to fill the position of Finance Manager, Credit Control. S/he will work with the company in driving the achievement of its strategic objectives.
The Finance Manager Credit Control will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible for managing outstanding debtors to ensure the company achieves its objectives of collecting outstanding monies within set KPIs to reduce overall debtor days and minimize risks of bad debts, the job holder would focus on following areas:
1.Credit processing and approvals,
2. Collection of outstanding debt within the set KPIs,
3. Review and approval of In-House Financed Deals and following up to ensure collection,
4. Preparation of AR Reports and highlighting exceptions
5. Regular review and updating of Credit Control SOPs and Policies
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Credit processing and approvals – authorize credit limits for customers as per DOA ensuring that the limits are defined in the ERP and followed by the business.
2. Collection of outstanding debt within the set KPIs, – Ensure timely and accurate receivables and collections including reporting, but not limited to, cash collections, credit card collections and forecasting and DSO calculations.
3. Involve the sales team in risk management and collection of overdue payments, providing them with appropriate information (customer account balance, solvency, etc.).
4. IHF Review and approvals – conduct evaluation of all IHF (In-house Financed Deals) applications and follow up ensuring that the payments are done on time within the approved limits.
5. Preparation of AR Reports – preparation of weekly and monthly outstanding reports and escalating unresolved issues. Additionally, weekly collection targets highlighting any exceptions.
6. Regular review and updating of Credit Control SOPs and Policies – Contribute to the development/refinement of credit strategy, policy and processes.
Experience/ Skills Set
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Over 10 years of PQE managing a busy credit control function,
2. CPA (K) and BA in Finance/Accounting
3. Very strong excel & accounting knowledge
4. An organised and methodical approach
5. An assertive but tactful manner
6. Good negotiation skills the ability with the ability to explain financial matters firmly and clearly
7. Good interpersonal & organization skills
If you believe you fit the required profile, please login and submit your applications in confidence by Friday 21 April 2017.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to the roles. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three referees. Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who have previously applied for this position need not re-apply. Canvassing in any form is not allowed.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.