Category: Locally Recruited Consultant (Special Service Contract – 3 months
short term assignment)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Under the overall supervision of the Somalia Country Director based in Nairobi and with a
functional reporting line to the Program Accountant for East Africa based in Rome, the incumbent will:
• Act as focal point for day-to-day administrative, financial issues relating to the program,
• Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all financial information, reports and
reconciliations to Headquarters,
• Monitor the cash flow and prepare monthly cash forecasts to be submitted to Headquarters for monthly funds disbursement to the field office;
• Monitor the implementation of program activities according to approved project
documents, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structures are maintained in
accordance with IDLO Rules and Regulations and/or donor requirements;
• Ensure internal control procedure are followed for all fund disbursements, receipts and
• Assist in preparing the program annual forecasts in coordination with the relevant Program Managers and IDLO departments;
• Ensure that a proper and transparent filing of all finance and administration documents
relating to the management of the office and the work in the field are properly filed and
updated in the field office;
• Provide logistical support to Programs’ activities;
• Regularly update the inventory lists for the field office;
• Coordinate and ensure smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures;
Support all IDLO procurement related activities and act as focal point for HQs procurement
• Keep track of any contractual agreements, and assist users with contractual rights and
• Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices,
individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, business, finance, or related field is required.
• Professional accounting qualifications like ACCA, CPA are highly desired.
• 3-5 years of professional accounting and financial management experience, preferably in an International Organization and experience working with donor funded projects.
• Fluency in English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
• Understanding of donor rules and regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments;
• Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
• The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IDLO offers locally recruited contractors a remuneration and benefits package in terms of salary, annual leave and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website http://www.idlo.int/jobs and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.