Organization SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Reference Number None given
Job Level Entry-level
Contact Email None given
Fax None given
Are you interested in joining an Organisation with a long term commitment to fighting poverty? SNV Kenya is looking for a: Driver
SNV has been engaged by DFID under the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Results Programme (WASH) to reach 2.73 million people with hygiene promotion and support at least 2.084 million people to gain to access to sanitation by December 2015. Beyond 2015, the focus will be on sustainability of the results achieved. The programme runs until March 2018. In Kenya, SNV is implementing this exciting programme in a total of eleven sub counties that are spread in four counties namely Elgeyo Marakwet, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
SNV Kenya is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a driver in Kericho County. The SSH4A programme covers Ainamoi, Belgut, Sigowet/Soin and Kipkelion West sub counties in Kericho. The driver will be expected to carry out his/her responsibilities in these areas. The driver will report to the SSH4A project administrator.
- The position is responsible for undertaking extensive field travel in the SNV area of work and others as duty may require, ensuring safety of passengers on board.
- Maintaining the proper functioning of SNV vehicles
- Checking validity of vehicle insurance and road license.
- He/she is also responsible for taking care of the assigned vehicle(s) by carrying out small (mechanical) repairs and servicing of the SNV transport fleet, which also includes fuelling, cleaning.
- Ensure that the vehicles are always ready for any duty assigned
- Keep an updated work ticket always.
- Monitor vehicle performance and service schedule
- Carry out messenger duties in and around town
- Any other task that they may be assigned
- “O” level certificate holder
- A clean, valid Kenyan Driver’s license with knowledge of Kenya Highway Code
- Certificate of good conduct
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
1 year with possibility of extension
Expected start date
How to apply?
Please apply by clicking on the apply button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 7th April, 2017. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject / reference.
Qualified Ladies are encouraged to apply. We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
We are not affiliated with the above organisation