The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Senior Human Resources Officer, Country Support working under the supervision of the HR Manager Africa is accountable for the provision of specific and technical human resources support to national and international IFRC staff within the mandate countries. He/She will ensure provision of efficient and cost effective services in consultation with the Africa Region HR Team. The Senior Human Resources Officer, Country Support workplan will be determined in collaboration with the Heads of Country of the designated countries.
HR Administration -– mandated countries
- Provide Managers with longer term HR planning/identification of HR needs
- Implement the recruitment process of delegates and national staff
- Ensure the proper implementation of the delegation filing system in the HR Unit
- Facilitate end of contract of employment/requests for extensions and appraisals
- Ensure the implementation of briefing and debriefing procedures – Prepare a “Welcome Package” for each arriving delegate/national staff /visitors
- Execute leave management for all staff
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely human resource reports to be shared with line manager as well as with the Africa Region HR Unit
Performance Management and Staff Development – mandated countries
- Support and advise managers and staff in performance management including handling misconduct and other forms of grievances
- Lead and mentor HR Unit Staff to ensure the highest level of performance in their respective areas of responsibility, ensuring quality service, compliance, accuracy and timeliness
Compensation and benefits to Nairobi office
- Administrate payroll for Nairobi based staff ensure statutory registration and remittances as well as medical benefits accordingly.
- As payroll and benefits focal point, maintain updated information on staff salaries, allowances and ensure compliance with current laws and regulations in close collaboration with the Regional HR focal points
- Administers staff absences for Nairobi based staff national staff
- Provides HR Metrics for the production of relevant monthly reports
National Society HR Development –– mandated countries
Provide specific HR technical support to mandate countries National Societies in creating a professional work environment that offers an opportunity for the welfare, development, and retention of staff in the following areas:
- HR planning
- Development of, or improvements to existing national staff regulations
- Recruitment, selection and placement policies and procedures
- Provide the National societies with Human Resources technical support and advise when requested
Specific HR projects – mandated countries
In collaboration with the Africa Region office, provide support and advice to the mandate countries on the following:
- Update/Drafting of staff rules and regulations
- Revision existing Compensation and benefits system
Training in Human Resource Management
Minimum 3 years’ experience of working for a humanitarian aid organisation in a developing country
Red Cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience is an advantage
Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
Project management skills
Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
Must be able to travel at short notice and to work outside normal working hours as the situation requires and under stressful working condition
Fluently spoken and written English
Core competencies: Coordination skills, Compliance to donor requirements, Able to multi-task, Strong written and verbal communication skills, Team builder, Judgement and decision making, Customer relations, Creativity and innovation, Building trust
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.