Closing date: 30th April 2017@ 23:59 BST
Interviews: May (tbc)
Location: Nairobi (preferred).
Salary: In line with Oxfam values and according to location
Contract length: 4 year fixed term
Applicants must be able to obtain the right to work in the location of the post.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
This post will be part of Oxfam International’s (OI’s) Human Resources Global Shared Services (HR GSS) team whose leadership roles are distributed across the world.
You will develop and communicate a strong vision and lead Oxfam in taking a strategic approach to talent management and resourcing over the longer term, developing a strategic talent strategy which includes talent planning and strategic resourcing and retention, and performance management. As a confederation, we have a huge opportunity to better manage and retain talent, offer career development paths, foster mobility across affiliates, grow more diverse leaders, notably women, Southern and LGBTI leaders.
You will lead the development of assignment planning and succession planning processes which will help reduce unwanted turnover and allow the reallocation of some HR resources currently dedicated to recruiting to other strategic development areas.
You will develop a network of Talent Management resources across affiliates and regions, working closely with affiliate Talent Management leaders, the OI D&I leader and the other HR Global Shared Services leaders, notably the Head of Learning and Organization Development, and building the capacity of both line managers and HR Business Partners for them to consider and implement talent management as a business critical task.
Within the context of Oxfam 2020, Oxfam has re-configured the Human Resources function to ensure it can deliver the support required to enable significant strategic change across Oxfam. A new Global HR Director has been appointed who is in charge of, amongst other things, delivering a Shared Services model for HR as part of the Executing Affiliate/Partner Affiliate model. One of these is the Talent & Resourcing Shared Service.
- To lead Oxfam International and the whole confederation in taking a strategic approach to talent management and resourcing over the longer term;
- To design and launch the new Talent and Resourcing Shared Service’s strategy, team, deliverables and kind of service that is to be offered as a Shared Service.
- To define the priorities for the short, mid and long term vision
- To develop and communicate a strong vision and global strategy for talent management across Oxfam that supports the Oxfam Strategic Plan and enables the success of O2020 across the globe
- To develop a network of Talent Management resources across affiliates and regions that enables the design and delivery of the vision
- To develop a global talent management approach and process to build and manage a pipeline of qualified candidates for senior leadership roles (Country Director and above);
- To support the deployment and fully integrate the One Oxfam Performance Management model into all talent processes and other HR Strategies across the confederation;
- To partner with and support the leader of the Global Diversity & Inclusion team (still to be appointed) to fully integrate the D&I strategy into the overall talent strategy in a coherent way;
- To partner with all other Heads of Global Shared Services (Learning and Organizational Development, Employee Relations, Reward) to ensure the programs of all GSS are well integrated and complementary;
- To build the capacity of both line managers and HR Business Partners for them to consider and implement talent management as a business critical task;
- To contribute to defining and developing the HR and People Strategy of One Oxfam in collaboration with the other Heads of GSS
- Strategic Talent Strategy: Lead the development of a Talent strategy for the next 3-5 years and the business systems and processes needed to enable business leaders and HR business partners to define strategic talent needs for Oxfam and identify high potential talent from within and beyond Oxfam and the sector.
- Provide thought leadership, program development and delivery execution for a new talent development strategy to improve depth, quality and engagement in talent management across Oxfam
- Strategic Talent Planning and Retention: Lead a process to help Oxfam identify needs and gaps for leadership roles, diversity, and other strategic talent segments. Define and identify strategic capabilities required by the Oxfam and track individuals who possess them.
- Strategic Resourcing: Lead the development of a Resourcing strategy and the business systems and processes needed to be able to attract top talent to Oxfam (i.e, through branding, Social Media, advertising) and to define strategy and processes that seek to create synergy in the sharing of talent pools from different affiliates.
- Performance Management: support the deployment and fully integrate the One Oxfam Performance Management model into all talent processes across the confederation.
- Succession Management: Develop the process by which line managers ensure we have a strong, diverse group of candidates ready for key roles.
- To work with OI colleagues, Oxfam Senior Management and other business critical leaders to create a coherent, co-ordinated and ‘owned’ approach to talent management.
- To operate as a strong team player who brings proactive thinking, global experience, long term vision, wide networks, creative approaches and pragmatic tools to the talent management process of acquiring, assimilating, developing, engaging, retaining, and supporting Oxfam talent and resourcing
- This role will also function as an internal consultant, partner with the business leaders and HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to diagnose and implement pragmatic management, leadership and team effectiveness programs which measurably increase the performance of our global talent and advise on areas linked to attracting talented staff e.g. global employment branding
- To build on the current talent management approaches in different parts of Oxfam to create integration between functional and regional leaders, and between talent identification and talent development. To develop solutions that are sustainable and able to blend and integrate into the future HR shared services model for the confederation.
- To influence senior managers globally to operationalize the strategy using Key Performance Indicators to monitoring and adjust the approach accordingly.
- To systematize the approach to recruitment and talent management, integrating and aligning with other business and people management processes.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Expertise and experience in developing and implementing global talent management strategies within complex INGOs including “Top Talent” and senior leaders.
- Expertise in recruitment, development, talent and performance process. Track record of planning and leading the development of long term business critical talent pipelines
- Knowledge and understanding of talent management practices and processes to ensure linkage of development programs with succession planning processes.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence global teams in establishing mid-long term goals, objectives and priorities that deliver Oxfam’s vision.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management and leaders addressing issues across functions, and provide thought leadership in diverse business settings.
- Bring and develop a wide external network with key business leaders
- Proven track record of creative approaches and solutions with a simple, practical approach to delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to motivate, influence, present, facilitate and negotiate with senior leaders
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiating skills
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing complex projects and initiatives.
- Awareness of social media and its role in developing talent and brands.
- Committed to a rights based approach including an active commitment to putting women’s rights at the heart of all we do as well as the rights of other marginalized people in all aspects of an organization’s work.
- Ability to travel away from home, for occasional program visits and periodic travel abroad for global and regional meetings (not more than 25% time).
- Fluent written and spoken English. French/ Spanish also desirable. Other languages a plus.
Key Behavioral Competencies
||We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
||We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
||We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
||We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
||We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear, and consider different preferences.
||We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
|Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity
||We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
||We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
|Strategic Thinking and Judgment
||We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
||We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
||We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
||We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support. We give more freedom and demonstrate belief and trust, underpinned with appropriate support.
Please note that applications that do not have a covering letter and Résumé/CV will not be considered (you will need to combine your Résumé/CV into one document before attaching it to your application) Thank you in advance for your interest in this position.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE JOBS