- The position oversees the business activity performed by Global Operations, supports the corporate balance sheet & closing activities across all countries managed out of Kenya; responsible for supporting the operations team to ensure processes support an effective and efficient closing and reporting. The point of contact for the business controllers within those locations & drives the overall quality of reported financial information.
- Driving the tone at the top around risks – COSO framework; processes and business risk assessment and control designControllership trainings, new policy implementation reviews; managing communication with the businesses, CAS, KPMG
- Own the corporate balance sheet reviews, support account reconciliation quality and representation letter submissions.
- The Global Operations Controller is the single point of contact for the Global Corporate Controllership team.
- Understanding and validating the quality of financial information across Corporate and DR4s related processes to confirm the accuracy of reported information.
- Understand the internal control environment across all business processes and ensure that they are designed and operating effectively.
- Responsibility for providing training to the Record to Report team on accounting policies and coaching the Global Operations team.
- Become a trusted partner for the business.
- Understand and anticipate their needs, and help the Global Ops deliver on critical requirements.
- Establish oneself as the point of contact for the various business constituents.
- Build and leverage strong cross functional relationships both in the center and with key business stakeholders.
- Work with the business to understand the cost dynamics of the center teams and ensure that we are achieving productivity goals.
- Ensure clear and timely communication to a diverse set of stakeholders as required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and relevant financial and leadership experience with a minimum of 8 years work experience.
- Experience building up teams and processes in a multi-cultural, international environment.
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- CPA/ ACCA qualification and Big 4 experience.
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma. Experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, CCL, COGNOS, etc.).
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position. Integrity
- Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Good understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP. Masters’ degree in Business Administration.
- Previous GE experience strongly preferred or graduate of other financial leadership programs.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.