A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Administrative Assistant Position -To be based in Nairobi
To provide personal assistance to the Principal Investigator by overseeing and coordinating administrative and office activities in the East Africa Office.
• Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office; act as liaison between the Principal Investigator’s office and Internal and external parties.
• Maintaining, managing and updating the Principal Investigator’s diary.
• Manage all communications in and out of the Principal Investigator’s office, prioritize and follow-up on all issues appropriately.
• Providing efficient, timely and professional administrative and secretarial support to the Principal Investigator including drafting letters, handling walk-ins and phone interactions,
maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence.
• Preparing reports and presentations in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
• Organizing and facilitating meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinating and attending committee meetings on behalf of the Principal Investigator.
• Arranging mission travel schedules and prompt reservations for the Principal Investigator
• Reviewing outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
• Providing editorial support to authors and other stake holders such as printers for journal publications.
• Manages inventory supplies for the East Africa Office.
• Collating and submit expense claims for the Principal Investigator to the Head of finance department.
• Maintaining correspondence with national and international research collaborators as directed by the Principal Investigator and arranging travel and reservations for visiting international collaborators.
• Performing any other duties assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Accounting or any related field
• At least two (2) years of experience.
Competencies and skills:
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent administrative skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• strong personal communication
• Mature and self-motivated
• High Integrity and confidentiality
• Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
• Excellent communications skills
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Ability to work independently
Project Accountant -To be based in Thika
The selected candidate will be in charge of project accounting duties at clinical trials site in Thika.
• Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reports on usage of project funds to multiple donors and sponsors for various studies.
• Provide support for procurement process in a manner that’s transparent, fair and in accordance with policy.
• Provide logistic and operations support to the study activities.
• Effectively manage all service providers and suppliers
• Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain fixed assets register.
• Ensure that project cash flows (income and expenditures) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor budgets utilization and communicate variances on a regular basis to the management and sponsors.
• Engage with different host institutions on timely submission of accounting reports.
• Provide administrative, operations and logistics duties for the project as directed by the supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• Should have a degree in business related course
• Be a Certified Public Accountant
• Work experience in a research or related projects for at least 2 years.
• Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
• Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: email@example.com not later than 20th April 2017.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.