Reporting to: Senior Law Reporter
Current basic salary (Excluding allowances and benefits): Ksh. 41,590 – 55,840 p.m.
The jobholder shall be placed in either of the these departments: Law Reporting; Laws of Kenya or Strategy Quality Assurance and Performance Management and will therefore be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the development of Kenya’s jurisprudence through the preparation of case summaries for publication in the Kenya Law Reports; revision, updating and consolidation of the laws of Kenya; or assisting in the corporate affairs functions of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities include
– Read and review case law/ judgments.
– Analyse the judgments with a view to identifying those cases establishing jurisprudence/ reportable cases for the Kenya Law Reports.
– Prepare case summaries for the identified cases.
– Monitor jurisprudence from the Courts with a view to coming up with specialized digests, casebooks, weekly reports etc.
– Collect and compile bills, amendment acts and legislation as passed by Parliament
– Collect and compile all other relevant legislation including from County Assemblies, East Africa Legislative Assembly, Treaties & Agreements etc
– Copy read, proof read and ensure high legislative drafting standards in all laws of Kenya (online and print) publications
– Assist in providing compliance and awareness advice regarding laws, policies and procedures pertaining to the affairs of Kenya Law
– Assist in drafting, reviewing, interpreting and monitoring contracts and agreements
– Representing Kenya Law in legal proceedings and/or liaise with Kenya Law’s external legal representatives and advisors
– Support the corporate affairs function of Kenya Law
– Prepare progress reports and updates for management as requested
– Undertake legal research
· Bachelor’s degree in Law.
· Postgraduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
· Demonstrated proficiency in ICT.
· At least one year relevant experience.
All applications are to be sent by email with the subject line being the vacancy applied to email@example.com
The application email should be sent in two parts/documents and it must comply with the following requirements.
The first document will contain the following information in one continuous document in portable document format (PDF), with information arranged in the following order:
– A cover letter
– A recent coloured passport-size photograph of oneself
– A copy of one’s national identity card
– A curriculum vitae setting out the following information about oneself:
– Name, gender, date of birth and contact
– Academic and professional qualifications
– A list of academic and professional certificates
– Previous work experience and/or professional engagements
– Membership of any professional associations
– The range of languages spoken, including one’s mother tongue
– Any community service and social welfare activities engaged in
– Names and contacts of three persons who can attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and moral standing.
The second document will be one continuous document in PDF format containing the scanned images of the most relevant academic and professional certificates. The document size should not exceed 10 MB.
The deadline for receiving the applications of interested candidates is 14th April 2017 at 1700 hrs (East African Time)
The National Council for Law Reporting is an equal-opportunity employer. In keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 particularly Articles 27(4) and 232(1)(i), the Council encourages eligible persons from minority groups, marginalized communities and persons with disabilities to apply for these vacancies.
Candidates who canvass for these positions will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.