Administrative Assistant – Nairobi
About the Firm
CrossBoundary is a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a substantial return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets.
We take a transaction-centered approach to frontier markets. CrossBoundary provides investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unleashing investment across all sectors in fragile and frontier markets. Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions. Our direct investment arm, CrossBoundary Energy, finances solar projects in Africa. Learn more at www.crossboundary.com.
CrossBoundary is recruiting an Administrative Assistant to join the CrossBoundary office in Nairobi, Kenya. As the Administrative Assistant, you will join the team to play a key role supporting their day to day operations, implementing and improving systems to enhance their effectiveness. Your responsibilities cover all administrative and logistical elements of the team’s operations including event planning and visitor support.
About the Team
CrossBoundary operates in frontier markets that also hold immense investment opportunities. The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: Administrative Tasks:
- Act as internal resource and liaison for various operational needs (technology, insurance, security, general office administration, etc.) and lead vendor relationships
- Lead efforts to manage and maintain CB’s office space in liaison with the Director of Finance and
- Maintain a presence at front office desk to efficiently and expediently respond to the immediate needs of the team and visitors
- Keep track of office supply inventory including stationary products, printer ink and paper, kitchen utilities, and office supplies
- Supporting efficient and timely processing of payments and tracking of all invoices in liaison with the
- Facilitate submission of expenses for Partners in Deltekwww.crossboundary.com
- Ensure smooth administrative entry for new hires including email, laptop and phone set up; building security/entry and overall orientation and integration under the guidance of the DFO
- Serve as primary point of contact for the East Africa team to prioritize and escalate issues on a daily and ongoing basis to maximize the use of their time and resolve operational issues in advance where possible
- Respond to email traffic and inbound hard copy mail for the Team in order to stay current on matters concerning them, and update calendars as needed
Travel and Logistics:
- Manage travel logistics for team trips to regional offices, including booking flights, accommodation, and scheduling meetings during the trip.
- Assist with securing a variety of visas – those entering UK, traveling to US and to our regions of operation. Forecast and obtain the appropriate medical documentation, passport pages, and travel visas in advance of international trips (when necessary)
- Support global staff in making travel and lodging arrangements when visiting East Africa; streamlining the process.
- Update essential logistical information (meeting locations, dial in numbers) so that all internal and external parties, with whom the Managing Partner is meeting, have complete and accurate information. This will include booking rooms for all external and internal meetings for the East Africa team and the wider global team during team retreats and joint team events.
- Coordinating logistics for local CB events, planning and coordinating with the host, managing guest lists, effective capture and follow-up, in partnership with the Director of Finance and Operations
Qualifications & Characteristics
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in Executive support or equivalent administrative background
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Arts
- Permanent authorization to work in East Africa
- Strong project management and analytical skills; a demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across geographies, functions and levels of the organization.
- Basic book keeping experience will be an added advantage
- Proven mastery of Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with frequent interruptions, and to work productively in a fast paced, rapidly growing organization
- Someone who is comfortable, confident, and effective in working across CrossBoundary’s senior
- Complete discretion with sensitive information, both within the firm and externally
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through
- Dedication to working within the frontier markets; strong willingness to affect change with an understanding of challenges often encountered
CrossBoundary offers a highly competitive salary (including benefits).
The selected Administrative Associate will join our team in Nairobi, Kenya.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.