JOB REF. NO. : FIN/AC-01/17
REPORTING TO : Finance & Administration Officer
ADVERTISEMENT ISSUE DATE: 7 th April 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 17th April 2017
DUTY STATION : ICE Offices Thika, Kenya
General Position Summary
The Institute for culture and Ecology (ICE), a local NGO based in Thika Town, is seeking to recruit a competent, highly motivated, results-oriented Finance Assistant to provide support for smooth implementation of its projects and activities.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare cheques or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to signatories for review and processing.
2. Prepare payment vouchers and ensure that all transactions are properly and fully documented
3. Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
4. Review Staff imprest accounting forms & expense reports for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
5. Prepare the un-cleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance and Administration Officer.
6. Prepare hardcopies and/or scanned copies of financial report supporting documents as
required for reporting to various reporting partners.
7. Prepare and maintain utility bills payment schedule and ensure timely payments of the bills.
8. Ensure that ICE financial management and procurement procedures are adhered to and guide other staff when needed.
9. Assist in Preparation of budgets and monthly grants budget vs expenditure financial reports.
10. Prepare and submit Statutory and other monthly staff payroll deduction.
11. Assist during annual and donor commissioned audits
12. Assist in regular updating of the organizational Asset register
13. To accurately and timely record all the financial transactions in the accounting system.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. A holder of at least CPA section 4. Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is an added
2. At least two (2) years’ experience in accounting
3. Hands on experience in using QuickBooks
4. Experience in a donor funded, not-for-profit entity is an added advantage
Send CV, 3 referee contacts, applications letter quoting position applied for, reference number and expected salary to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th April 2017 addressed to The Director
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.