Job Title: Accounts Assistant-Payments
Reporting to: Payments Accountant
Basic job Summary:
The position holder will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely authorization of all payments including handling of their queries professionally and with speed, care and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Processing the University’s payments including coordinating their authorization
2. Preparing payments pre-formats
3. Attending to the University’s payments related queries
4. Booking and submitting monthly and annual returns for VAT and Withholding Tax to KRA
5. Payment and update of petty-cash records into the system and preparation of audit schedules and reconciliation to the general ledger
6. Processing the utility bills e.g. electricity, water, telephone etc.
7. Updating and maintaining the prepaid insurance & prepaid expenses schedules
8. Responsible of preparing & distributing financial reports to various departments within the University. Such reports include: Monthly management accounts, Debtors reports, Cash flow analysis reports and Update on Strategic objectives etc.
9. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
1. An undergraduate degree in a business related course
2. CPA/ACCA qualifications (At least a minimum of CPA Part 2 or ACCA equivalent)
3. At least one years’ experience in a busy finance department. An understanding of financial management in a University environment or institutions of higher learning will be an added advantage.
Ole Sangale Rd, Madaraka Estate P O Box 59857-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel +254 (0)703 034000/200/300 Email firstname.lastname@example.org www.strathmore.edu
Skills & Personal Attributes: 1. Good interpersonal skills 2. High Integrity 3. Very organized 4. A team player 5. Ability to work under pressure
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Accounts Assistant Payments” on the subject line to email@example.com by 14th April, 2017, close of business.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.