Makini Credit Ltd is looking for a dynamic, passionate, self-driven, positive and assertive Credit Officer to join our ever-growing team. If you are enthusiastic about making a direct impact on the community and bridging the gap of the financially excluded through innovative micro-lending, then we’re looking for you.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, you will be responsible for achieving the credit goals by actualizing the company and departmental objectives and carrying out credit activities through established strategies and tactics in order to deliver or exceed the individual and team target. Through strong collaboration with the customer, you will achieve maximum profitability through recurring revenue and top line growth in line with the organizational vision and values.
You will be responsible for;
1. Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively engage customers from the onboarding to collecting process and uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
2. Realizing the entire credit process cycle with due diligence and in accordance to the MAKINI Credit requirements and any other regulatory requirements
3. Ensuring clients comply with the company credit policy, procedures and service level agreements
4. Preparing accurate credit reports and identifying and interpreting patterns and interconnectivity of relevant data in order to predict business performance and market trends for a customer portfolio
5. Verifying that securities provided are up to standard and forwarded for approval in line with the credit policy
6. Ensuring all applicants are advised on fate of applications within the stipulated time frame
7. Ensuring accurately computed client statements are dispatched on time and in the desired order
8. Following up on due and pending payments as per stipulated credit policy and identified customer intelligence
9. Ensuring that all debtors accounts are reconciled and ledgers properly maintained
10. Proactively manage risk and exposure for assigned portfolio continuously
11. Reviewing and updating credit facility files
12. Ability to redirect or reposition resources towards beneficial business solutions
Over and above the deliverables detailed in the job description above, you will be required to;
Horn excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills including ability to independently negotiate terms with Borrowers and prospects based on risk considerations
Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when handling clients (including the normal and past due)
Be a self-starter and generate new and/ or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
Be excellent at working both independently with minimal supervision and as a team member
Be a person of high integrity honesty and demonstrate a great level of maturity
Be able to work under pressure with set timelines
Highly proficient in loans management system and Ms Office applications (Excel, Power Point)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or equivalent)
A minimum of two years of accounting course completion will be preferable
1 – 2 years in a similar position (experience in the microfinance sector preferable but not limited to)
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.