Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
The Sourcing Buyer (SB) supports the Strategic Procurement Manager in developing & implementing strategic sourcing plans for Marketing and OPEX related categories across markets with a drive to collaborate and influence globally. The role requires indirect Procurement experience with good understanding of Marketing Agency Fees, Creative, Production, iMarketing, Experiential/Sampling, Shopper, Promotions, Research, and Merchandising. Change management, process optimization and client management experience are also required.
The SB is responsible for working with key stakeholders to understand relevant BU business needs and objectives. The SB’s will support the Strategic Procurement Manager and engage budget holders in strategic procurement strategies to maximize ROI from the investment, appropriate levels of service and compliance with procedures and professional best practice is achieved. The SB is also responsible for leading sourcing activities based on the developed sourcing strategies, including the creation and execution of RFx events, negotiation (supported by the Strategic Procurement Manager) and contract development, in line with the internal rules.
Manage Procurement Sourcing Events
Work independently to assess suppliers and conduct sourcing events (for spend $0.5m – $2m per annum) as allocated by the Strategic Procurement Manager including:
- Creation and buy-in to sourcing strategies through close stakeholder consultation (including educating and advising stakeholders on strategies and its benefits, drive change) and ensuring appropriate rigor of data analytics
- RFx development and management including facilitating RFx response analysis and RFx assessment with stakeholders
- Undertaking supplier negotiation
- Ensuring appropriate contracts are put in place including coordination with appropriate stakeholders and legal
- Interacting with parallel organizations in other geographies to assure consistent global approach
- Be recognized as a trusted commercial advisor and an expert in deriving value whilst meeting operational needs.
- Positively engage the support of stakeholders using problem solving and proactive communication skills
- Build and maintain open and transparent relationships with business colleagues that contribute to mitigating change resistance
- Act as a business change driver to improve value, operational efficiency and productivity
- Promote continuous value improvements in Procurement through effective process, technology and capability development
- Self-sufficient in gathering and analyzing data to provide insights that support decision’s
- Contribute to development and preparation of reporting including procurement progress reports and savings realization
- Support periodic key stakeholder meetings with client to review category strategy and activities
- Undertake detailed data analytics as requested by Strategic Procurement Manager to drive transparency of spend and support opportunity assessment and validation.
- Assist BU with P2P roll out including data analytics, contract reviews and other activities as identified.
- Act as a change agent supporting BU stakeholder buy in to P2P system use
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong project management mindset
- Proactive attitude, self-driven with developed leadership skills
- Change champion, able to independently represent procurement’s values in order to drive change through Sourcing Events
- Social interactive skills, energetic and dynamic personality
- High networking and client facing capability
- Thorough knowledge of the region’s purchasing culture
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Certification in Supply Chain Management
- Experience conducting procurement in the IT industry
- Software sourcing skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in applied End-to-End Supply Chain Management i.e. RFx processing, Negotiations, Contract Management & Supplier Management;
- English: Fluent;
- Analytical skills and proficiency in working with electronic documents e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc;
- Excellent business communication skills.
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
procurement, sourcing, negotiation,
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.