Date: Apr 19, 2017
Location: Nairobi, 110, KE
Requisition ID: 133870
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 – 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Challenge yourself by selling the intrinsic value of software solutions to our customers. Grow with one of the most successful field sales organizations in the world as an Inside Sales Executive.
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Executive is to build and manage a pipeline of software license opportunities and incremental revenue by systematic upselling and cross-selling aligned with field sales executives. The Inside Sales Executive drives opportunity qualifications and manages the opportunities in the pipeline. The focus lies on selling an increasing portfolio of “volume-ready” offerings below a defined deal size threshold. As an integral part of the account team, the Inside Sales Executive leverages other SAP resources, including presales teams, to drive opportunities to closure. The Inside Sales Executive closes deals independently and remotely or actively through partners.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Drive volume business sales:
- Identify sales opportunities with SAP’s installed based customers and new accounts by telephone
- Manage opportunities to develop SAP’s installed base customer accounts and new accounts by telephone
- Create, build, and nurture customer relationships for assigned accounts
- Act as single point of contact for partner-led sales activities
- Leverage field resources to manage sophisticated transactions as necessary
- Provide forecast for deals below threshold and ensure forecast and pipeline accuracy
Generate volume business pipeline:
- Define coverage strategy and an action plan in alignment with the account team
- Execute effective prospecting efforts to maximize coverage of defined accounts
- Drive proactive outbound call activity into net new contacts (for example, lines of business)
- Establish trusted advisor relationships across lines of business that will provide ongoing, accurate account information and future opportunities
Establish volume business approach in SME:
- Quickly establish credibility in the virtual account team
- Provide thought leadership in discussing and communicating account strategy with the virtual account team with a focus on volume business
- Proactively shape the volume business sales approach jointly with the business owners and Inside Sales management
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in complex solutions sales
- Successful experience in multichannel go-to-market models
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or IT-related discipline
- Proven sales ability and drive
- Good IT or enterprise resource planning knowledge; an understanding of SAP solutions is an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong facility with teamwork and an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to customers
- Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate the SAP value proposition clearly in an industry context and to listen actively to customers to identify prioritized customer needs
- Ability to work independently with a strong drive for results
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
- Knowledge of ERP market
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: ERP, Field Sales, SAP, Telemarketing, Inside Sales, Technology, Sales
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.