World Vision is urgently seeking to recruit Field Monitors for Okoa Uhai Drought Response for a period of 3 months.
Purpose of the Position:
To monitor Cash for Asset (CFA) work norms/project implementation, the delivery, distribution, documentation and reporting associated with Cash transfers through use of appropriate technology.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Beneficiary targeting, selection and registration
- Implement Community Based Targeting & Distribution (CBTD), C/FFA concept in the community in a clear understandable manner according to the standards.
- Mobilize the community and guide the process of relief committee’s selection.
- Facilitate the development of a community based targeting/selection criteria by the relief committees and approval by community members.
- Facilitate beneficiary selection and validation process by the relief committees.
- Assist community to solve problems related to the food/cash distribution process
- Enroll validated beneficiaries into the Last Mile Mobile Solution (LMMS) system
- Ensure updating of LMMS beneficiary records
Project monitoring, Documentation and Reporting
- Facilitate the process of project selection by the community
- Monitor community project implementation and measure/collect work norms on monthly basis
- Facilitate community awareness of project ownership and sustainability
- Prepare documentation on commodity movements and distributions properly using LMMS.
- Review the monitoring plan with the local level partners to reaffirm commitments.
- Plan tracking for key CWB indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities.
- Collect monitoring data with community members in a collaborative and systematic fashion.
- Support in the supervision of community-based monitoring activities, as necessary in the programme context.
- Provide proper documentation of loses and reconstituted commodities.
- Report on any incidences touching on security at the distribution centers.
Commodity, Cash and NFI’s management
- Ensure that all commodities delivered at the FDP are properly accounted for based on the approved distribution plan inform the relief committees on the quantities of food expected; ration scales and the expected date of arrival of commodity.
- Monitor commodity movements, including delivery of commodities and NFIs at the FDP. Supervise receipt/offloading by the relief committees to ensure correctness of quantity, content and quality as per the waybill. Ascertain signatures on the waybills documents as well as losses and damages, and excesses. In case of damage arrange for reconstitution.
- Schedule NFIs, commodity/cash distribution dates with relief committees and communicate to the beneficiaries.
- Oversee the distribution process using LMMS in collaboration with the relief committees and ensure correct rations are distributed.
- Liaise with Community, Government authorities, WFP and other stakeholders; provide information regarding beneficiary registration, commodity/cash distribution, distribution plans, and project progress.
- Identify and report on other needs such as health care, additional food needs, development activities, or any other rehabilitation and/or development activity.
- Train communities and RCs on CBTD principles and implementation of selected projects
- Support FFA Technical Officer in roll out of new initiatives in CFA within the community
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma in community development, Agriculture or related field
- 2 years’ experience in commodity/cash programming and logistics or related field.
- Good communicator and mobilizer
- Good understanding of World Vision and sphere standards.
- Knowledge of and adherence of the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Local residents are preferred
- Ability to engage with local communities, partners and government authorities
- Work environment: field based with logistics and reporting done at the office
- Travel Required: Mainly domestic
- On call: As required
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.