Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Closing date:26 May 2017
Interview date:12 June 2017
About the role
The Grants and Compliance Officer will be part of the integral team of the CASE-OVC project funded by USAID and work in collaboration with other functional units for effective grants and contracts management. The role will support consortium partners and Local Implementing Partners (LIP) on sub-grant management and compliance. The role will also conduct and support daily grants compliance operations of the Christian Aid systems in CASE-OVC project. This will comprise setting up compliance monitoring systems; producing compliance reports; capacity building of partner/ LIPs with grants and compliance roles; financial and risk monitoring; ensuring compliance with Christian Aid and donor requirements.
You will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. Your key role is overseeing all aspects of a multi-million USAID OVC grant management, compliance, risk management in collaboration with other functional units. You will support consortium partners and Local Implementing Partners (LIP) on sub-grant management and compliance. Your role will also comprise setting up compliance monitoring systems; producing compliance reports; capacity building of partner/ LIPs ; financial and risk monitoring; ensuring compliance.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
– Minimum undergraduate degree and/or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies, Auditing or related field
– English Language proficiency
– Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors
– Ability to supervise partner organsiations and oversee compliance project function in regard to project agreement & USAID rules and regulations
– ith ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff
Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools
– Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting
– Experience of working in a global team and distance support
• A master’s degree in Finance and Business Administration
• Understanding of partnership approach to international development
• Network and alliance building