Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Farm Star Sales – Nairobi, Nairobi
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
Farm Star helps African farmers prosper. We offer safe, high-quality, organic agricultural inputs, safely and sustainably derived from treated organic waste. Our products help ensure food security, while improving farmer welfare. Farm Star-branded products promote sustainable agricultural practices throughout Africa. We manufacture and sell our products locally in Kenya. Farm Star is a brand of Sanergy.
Job Purpose Statement
We’re searching for a sales champion to join as Agricultural Field Sales Representative to help take our sales to the next level. This position offers an opportunity to launch an exciting new product targeting small and medium-scale farmers in Kenya.
Reports to: Manager Byproducts Sales
Role & Responsibilities
- Learn and utilize the company’s direct sales methodology to sell an exciting new product directly to commercial small and medium-scale farmers.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Advise farmers on the use of best practices in soil management and other Good Agricultural Practices
- Build a portfolio of long-term clients by conducting structured post-purchase service visits with customers
- Daily update sales and pipeline data using Google Apps and the company’s proprietary smartphone applications.
- Technical Degree in Agriculture (B.Sc. in Horticulture or similar)· Min. 2 years agricultural sales experience
- High level of motivation and entrepreneurial drive
- Interest in learning in-depth about a new industry, new product category, new sales process, and everything else that’s needed.
- Desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Valid car driver’s license and min. 2 years driving experience
- Willingness to relocate
- Creativity when problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal driven and self motivated when working independently
- Basic computer skills – MS Office, Google Apps
Application Deadline: 31st August 2017