Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
- Grade: PL3
- Position N°: 50000815/50093777
- Reference: ADB/17/229
- Publication date: 23/05/2017
- Closing date: 13/06/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The primary objective of the Loan Accounting Division is to administer the loan, grant and guarantee portfolios of the Bank Group as well as the portfolios of Funds under management by the Bank.
Under the oversight of the Division Manager, the Chief Loan Accounting Officer is responsible for the management of the Bank Group lending portfolio which includes among other activities, ensuring the accuracy in the processing of lending transactions and undertaking in-depth analysis of the lending portfolio.
1. Participate in the formulation and implementation of loan accounting, billing and recovery policies of the Bank Group;
2. Maintain Bank Group loan accounting records, prepare and issue bills for loan repayments and follow-up loan arrears;
3. Process and disseminate loan-related financial statistics. Assist borrowers in understanding the loan accounting, billing and collection procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
The Chief Loan Accounting Officer will:
1. Conceptualize, design and implement financial models, processes and use other analytical methodologies to evaluate reasonableness of loan’ statistics and conduct in-depth analysis and report on the Bank Group loan/grant portfolio;
2. Use analytical tools to produce realistic and reliable long-term disbursement and loan income forecasts, sensitivity analyses and focused financial information including the determination of the fair value of the African Development Bank loan portfolio for inclusion in the quarterly Financial Statements. Information is used for bank wide planning processes including determining borrowing requirements of African Development Bank and encashment requirements for ADF;
3. Communicate and defend the results of analysis and projections reports;
4. Participate in the formulation and evaluation of financial policies and lending products where they relate to loan administration and give recommendations on appropriate lines of action;
5. Participate in Task Groups involved in systems enhancements and formulate user requirements for significant enhancements;
6. Undertake consistency checks on the loan database including recommending and taking appropriate corrective action;
7. Control, coordinate and verify the section’s significant projection jobs such as electronic reconciliation of loan accounts, statement of loans and grants, amortization schedules, procurement data, maturity structure and currency composition of outstanding loans;
8. Prepare write-ups and statistics for the annual Report, African Development Bank Rating Review Booklet and Budget, the Boards periodic information note on arrears, disbursements and the monthly net transfer of resources and the bi-monthly situation of Bank Group arrears and the accompanying report to senior management;
9. Participate in the update of the Loan Accounting Billing and Recovery Handbook as necessary;
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance or Mathematics) or MBA with strong quantitative focus;
2. Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience. Good knowledge of financial concepts and familiarity with wide range of financial products, data analysis, and financial statistics;
3. Expertise in Client orientation, Team working and Relations, Problem solving ,Communication, Creativity and innovation;
4. Knowledge of financial products and financial modelling;
5. Strong analytical skills;
6. Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel , Access and Extensive hands-on interaction with computer systems and analytical tools; knowledge of SAP CML is desirable;
7. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
|INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:||THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED DEVEX TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON “APPLY” AS DISPLAYED ON THE APPLICATION PAGE OR ACCESS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK:
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.