Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Application Deadline Date 13-Jun-17
Category Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The position of Information Management Support Officer will provide support to National Offices to assist, in developing information management tools, design and implement software solutions and implement relevant GIS activities in compliance to both internal and international standards, facilitate humanitarian learning across the region, and provide assistance to the region’s humanitarian knowledge management.
- Facilitate the collection of relevant information and data from key WV NOs, humanitarian partners, including Clusters, representatives of national governments, UN agencies, donors, local and international NGOs, in order to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data between humanitarian partners, and manage the creation of appropriate information products for decision-making and humanitarian response;
- Lead the collection and collation of baseline data sets. Compile and disseminate these, in particular demographic and vulnerability data, in different formats (including GIS) through ARC GIS Online utilizing existing World Vision tools.
- Provide training and advice to relevant staff on use of document archiving systems and the use of meta-data standards.
- Maintain databases based on existing templates (or develop if necessary, including user-friendly menu access and reports) to support humanitarian operations. Utilize skills to design relevant information management publications through tools such as InDesign.
- Ensure that inventories of the information management systems, tools and products of the EARO office and, where possible of other key humanitarian partners and perform and supervise reference functions by advising internal and external users on holdings and accessibility, and assisting in the administration of access and declassification activities.
- Provide basic GIS support to the office in general and lead the development of appropriate maps and info graphic products to support humanitarian decision-making and reflect humanitarian response.
- Support the maintenance of an inventory of EARO/WVI-produced maps and, where possible, those available from other humanitarian partners.
- Deploy as necessary to national, regional and global responses
Carry out any other additional responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study.
- At least 5 years work experience 3 of which should be in emergency response information management.
- Strong experience and training in ARC GIS and ARC GIS Online related software.
- Strong experience and training utilizing graphic design software (InDesign or eq).
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charters, laws, standards principals, and ability to mainstream leading cross-cutting themes.
- Empirical knowledge of emergency response DM&E processes.
- Proven track record for infosheet and information sharing tools design.
- Requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Strong ability to facilitate appropriate information flow and coordination amongst a complex range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a clear understanding of major donors’ perspectives, requirements and standards and the ability to represent WV to major donors and other external stakeholders in a highly professional manner.
- Strong commitment to WV’s vision, mission and core values
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
WORK ENVIRONMENT /TRAVEL:
- The position is office based with and requires ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 10%of the time and on short notice( within 24 hours) and for periods longer than 30 days as required.
- One must have the ability to function in high stress situations.