Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sag-ana and Turkana.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within its approved establishment:
Duties for the Planning Officer
- Preparation of the institute’s Public Expenditure Review (PER) reports;
- Preparation of the institute’s Medium Term Expenditure Framework;
- Preparation of the institute’s annual budget estimates;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Planning Officer Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C+ or equivalent;
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics /Mathematics/Statistics from a recognized University;
- Computer Literate;
- Satisfactorily served at the position of Planning Officer II/Economist II or its equivalent for at least three (3) years.
How to Apply
Remuneration – Basic Salaries per cadre will be as follows:-
- Job Group RI.8 – Minimum KShs.31,020.00 Maximum KShs.41,590.00pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.9 – Minimum KShs.35,910.00 Maximum KShs.45,880.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.10 – Minimum KShs.41,590.00 Maximum KShs.55,840.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.12 – Minimum KShs.77,527.00 Maximum KShs.103,894.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
These positions are permanent and pensionable. Applicants for Job Group RI. 12 must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address shown below not later than 14th June 2017.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.