Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
National Registration Assistant Director
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.89, 748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m. (Job Group ‘Q’)
- Served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Principal Fingerprint Officer, Job group ‘N’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Forensic Science, Criminology, Security and Disaster Management, Information Science, Information Communication Technology, Anthropology, Library and Archival Science, Sociology, Psychology,Government/Political Science, Community Development, Conflict Management, Development Studies, Cultural Studies or Communication from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Forensic Science/Investigation, Criminology, Security and Disaster Management, Armed Conflict and Peace Studies, Information Communication Technology, Business Administration or Information Science from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership course in a recognized university;
- Been gazetted as a Fingerprint Officer;
- Passed Departmental Fingerprint Technology Examination Papers ‘A’ ‘B’& ‘C’;
- Attended a departmental Advanced Fingerprint course lasting not less than two (2)weeks; and
- Thorough understanding of the Registration of Persons Act (Cap 107), related Acts,registration procedures and related government regulations.
- Overseeing cross referencing of detected double, multiple and illegal registration of national identity cards;
coordinating validation of automated searches involving fingerprints;
- Collaborating with security agencies and other stakeholders in combating and controlling illegal entry of persons into the country;
- Liaising and collaborating with relevant training institutions on the planning, designing,implementing,
- Monitoring and evaluating training programs for fingerprint for fingerprint personnel;
- Initiating and formulating fingerprints operational procedures;
- Initiating the adoption of new technologies in the provision of fingerprint services; and
- Designing public outreach programs in fingerprint services.
Method of Application
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke OR By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website.
Completed applications should be sent to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100 NAIROBI So as to reach the Commission on or before 15th June, 2017.
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.