Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
M-KOPA Solar Limited is looking to recruit a Tax Manager who will handle all East African tax matters for the Group (direct and indirect taxation), and to ensure that the Group is optimizing its tax position considering the unique “Exemption” status applied to the Group’s services. In addition, as the Group becomes more global, the role must also focus on producing and maintaining Transfer Pricing Policies and Management Services Contracts and to ensure that any cross-border transactions and transfers of cash are properly accounted for.
– Monthly VAT returns: Produce and review monthly VAT returns for each of the countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda).
– Compute annual Ctax returns: Produce and submit annual tax returns for each of the East African countries.
– Transfer Pricing Policy: Help deliver the Group TP policy and ensure adherence to the same on an on-going basis.
– Mgt Services: Finalize Mgt Services agreements between countries and ensure compliance.
– Tax Optimization: The partial exemption rules applicable to M-Kopa mean that there is always a risk of tax leakage. As the balance of the Group’s services evolve, vital that any gains on VAT claims are made.
– WHT: Provide advice on other tax matters, including WHT and the impact of Double Tax treaties.
– PAYE: Work closely with payroll to implement any new changes in legislation and other matters arising to ensure compliance.
– Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
– Good interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently
– Significant exposure to East African Tax
– At least 5 years of working experience as a Tax Manager, having working in the East African region
– Tax related qualifications
– ERP skills