Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
REPORTS TO: PI
DIRECT REPORTS:Clinical Officer
INDIRECT REPORTS: Field Workers
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Petty cash, Study equipment in the field
- Provide nursing care to the participants
- Advice on strategies for the recruitment of suitable patients for research studies and screen and identify potentially eligible participants.
- Provide on-going information, education and support to families or guardians of potentially eligible research subjects and ensure all concerns and queries are addressed satisfactorily and where necessary refer to senior clinical staff.
- Administer and/or oversee the informed consent process and ensure that this is undertaken as per study protocols and Programme policies.
- Carry out trial related assessments and collection of data using case record forms in accordance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Participate in the documentation and reporting of serious adverse events and clinical endpoints, including death and readmission to hospital.
- Monitor treatment toxicity/side effects and liaise with the clinical care team to initiate changes to treatment as required by the protocol.
- Ensure that all clinical teams are working according to GCP and research governance standards for clinical trials.
- Co-ordinate and manage study-specific Field Workers.
- Liaise with the staff providing routine clinical care on the ward to provide clinical care for patients including administering drugs and monitoring patient treatment.
- Presents clinical findings or methods/issues in study management to peers or local audience
- And any other duties that may be required by the study or clinical team.
- KRCHN or above in Nursing
- At least 2 years experience in nursing at a senior level with additional experience/ exposure to clinical trials/ research
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard guidelines for care
- Computer literate with proficiency Microsoft applications
- Excellent diagnostic ability
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Confidential, high integrity and strong ethics
- Flexibility, adaptability and proactive
- Able work under stressful environment with minimal supervision
- Self driven, highly motivated and able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment and punctual
Fieldwork with at least an hour’s drive per day to the field site and back; Long hours may occur due to the extremes of work at peak recruitment periods
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 20 June, 2017.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).