Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with up to 60% time traveling to assigned pastoral counties within the country where the application is relevant. Some international travel within the region may be required.
Position summary and job purpose
The position will be part of the team that aims to help pastoralists make informed migration decisions with relevant digital information. Project Concern International (PCI) seeks to recruit individuals who are mission-driven, passionate and experienced in community engagement and mobilization, and are excited about the opportunity to work on a social enterprise project that could have huge impact for some of the most marginalized populations in Kenya and across the continent. The social enterprise will be focused on product testing, launch, marketing and sales of the AfriScout mobile application to pastoral communities in Kenya’s Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASALs). Under the direct supervision of the National Program Manager, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Drive office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel.
2. Support field teams in their outreach efforts as and when required
3. Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items.
4. Ensure that all vehicles comply with Kenya’s set security and National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) standards
5. Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery and brakes.
6. Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing.
7. Follow all rules and regulations in relation to the management of PCI vehicles.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
· Integrity, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energy.
· The ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
· Good organization, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Effective time management skills.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range Individuals.
· Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
Essential skills and qualification
· Minimum High School Certificate.
· Clean drivers Licence at least three (3) years old.
· Training in Mechanics will be an added advantage.
· At least three (3) years working experience as a Driver for a company or public agency. Experience driving in Kenya’s Arid Semi-Arid areas will be an added advantage
· Knowledge of computer applications (MS Word and Excel)
There are a quarter of a billion pastoralists in Africa using basic, and increasingly unreliable methods to find adequate grazing. SAPARM (Satellite Assisted Pastoral Resource Management) fuses traditional knowledge and practices with the accuracy of satellite imagery to more precisely locate grazing areas. After completing a successful proof of concept in Ethiopia in 2013/14, PCI has expanded to reach over 1 million pastoralists with support from USAID/DIV and Google. Initially piloted with paper maps, PCI has now developed an android powered app to enhance the information quality and access of SAPARM. With the rapid uptake of smartphones and increasing mobile broadband coverage in East Africa, Google granted PCI additional funding to develop and test the app through the formation of AfriScout, a social enterprise.
Interested candidates should email their resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position title and your name in the subject line. In the application, kindly include references as well as your salary expectations