Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU) has vacancies in the following position
Job Summary and Responsibility
- Implement farm work plans to ensure they are understood by all stake holders and followed and ensure that set targets are achieved;
- Oversee development of strategies to boost operations of the farm and ensure the unit generates its desired targets at the end of the financial year;
- Prepare reports and make necessary documentation that provide a basis for decision making by the management on the farm operations;
- Develop proper internal control measures to safeguard the University resources as well as minimize on spoilage of farm equipment and produce;
- Train and supervise junior staff in the farm and to ensure human capital in the unit provides optimum output and achieves desired results;
- Supervise subordinates to ensure that duties are performed as planned and ensure that set targets are achieved;
- Coordinate all the operations in the farm; to ensure there are adequate inputs and that machinery and tools to be used are in good condition;
- Allocate field duties to the subordinate staff by preparing and updating work plans to ensure optimum utilization of staff under farm;
- Oversee maintenance of equipment, structures and machinery to ensure operations in the farm are carried out optimally;
- Ensure safety in all staff operations by ensuring adherence to safety regulations when carrying out farm operations;
- Coordinate market surveys by developing questionnaires to know the market trends at a given time and to guide on what to produce;
- Provide regular updates of the field operations to the farm manager in order to inform decision making on improvements for productivity at reduced cost.
Requirements for Appointment
- A Master’s Degree in Agriculture or its equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or its equivalent from a recognized University with nine (9) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been at the level of Farm Assistant I.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in General Agriculture or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
- Must be computer literate.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200, KITUI
So as to be received on or before Friday 30th June 2017.
South Eastern Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.