Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- ID 2017-1325
- # of Openings 1
- Posted Date 6/14/2017
- Category Field – Chief of Party/ Program Director
- Country Kenya
More information about this job:
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Kenya Crop & Dairy Market Systems Development Activity. The Chief of Party provides leadership, management and general technical direction for the program and acts as the primary contact with USAID. The COP will ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors. The COP is responsible achieving the program results defined in the solicitation.
The Chief of Party provides leadership, management and general technical direction for the program and acts as the primary contact with USAID. The COP will ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors. The COP is responsible achieving the program results defined in the solicitation.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Act as the key liaison between USAID/Kenya and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Kenya officials involved with the program.
- Provides overall management of the program, including technical implementation, staff and partner oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Responsible for meeting program targets, as well as ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations as well as compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Acts as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations regarding the program.
- Represents Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Bachelors’ Master’s degree in, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, rural development economics, or related field of study. Masters’ degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international development work experience implementing multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience of projects of similar complexity with experience with direct supervision of professional, managing teams and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Experience with USAID programs that include agriculture. Dairy and livestock experience preferred.
- Experience resolving sensitive and complicated work issues with senior level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff
- Senior leadership experience managing USAID programs of similar size and complexity.
- Feed the Future experience preferred
- East Africa Experience strongly preferred