Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the job holder will be responsible for monthly analysis of both trade payables and receivables, reconciliation of the general ledger, bank reconciliation, cost management, periodic budget variance review and financial statement audit preparation.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payables and receivables.
- Prepare and post journal entries which includes expenditure allocation.
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of both revenue and expenditure items
- Track expenditure as per budget and analyze and report any significant variance
- Account analysis and reconciliation on all ledger accounts
- Support audits by internal auditors, external auditors, and Regulators (IRA, CBK KRA). To follow up all issues raised in audits and inspections reports and resolve them.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all accounts receivables and payables
- Manage trade debtors and creditors ensure compliance with agreed payment timelines.
- Ensure adherence to quarterly closure procedures with all underwriters on accounts payables and receivables.
- Ensure proper controls around credit and adherence to credit policy and guidelines
- Manage administrative functions as considered necessary from time to time
- Ensure compliance with IFRS/IAS, Companies Act, and Taxation Act, IRA guidelines and the Company’s policies and procedures.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree in Business with specialization in Finance and/or Accounting
- Professional Qualification (CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- At least 3 years’ accounting experience in a busy Insurance/Bancassurance environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance industry and regulatory guidelines.
- Working knowledge of TurnQuest Business Suite with high proficiency in MS office suite
- Understanding and practical experience dealing with taxation issues and KRA compliance requirements
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Flair with figures, and strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent, high quality interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday 29th June, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic & Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable