We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Team Assistant. This person will serve as the primary support and liaison for the senior teams, as well as ensuring the smooth execution of any operational, logistical or administrative needs for the Directors.
- Maintain up-to-date project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources;
- Co-ordinate with other international offices, and liaise frequently with team members both in Uganda, US and in the Nairobi office;
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities;
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully;
- Maintaining and replenishing office inventory & supplies;
- Serve as a backup to other staff and Assistants on project and administrative tasks;
- Draft correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents;
- Coordination of information flow in the office and dissemination of communication to the teams;
- Review and screen incoming correspondence for the Directors’ and prioritize documents according to action required.
- Assists in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, etc.;
- Make arrangements for official travel of the Directors and other team members; prepare travel requests, hotel reservations, visas, tickets, DSA, taxis etc.
- Offer travel related support for external visitors to the Kenya Office and around the International offices.
- A University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- An unhealthy obsession for organization and structures
- Excruciating attention to detail and eye for proofreading
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationship with staff, board members, external partners, and clients
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer / client services and response
- Ability to manage and cope with stressful situations
- Prompt, present, and around the clock availability during high stress periods.
- Ability to read and respond to office moods and temperaments.
- Ability to direct and manage a team of your peers as well as effectively manage up.
- Innate ability to solve problems and provide practical solutions
- Advanced MS Office Experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Energetic, fast-paced work environment
- Opportunities for rapid growth