Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Full Time
Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain-power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision–to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
The incumbent will oversee the day to day business operations of a portfolio of projects, represent customer needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality of delivery by meeting client SLAs and oversee projects and business relationships with assigned accounts.
- Overseeing a portfolio of projects by recruiting and managing the delivery team
- Providing day-to-day leadership to various technical, professional and administrative personnel engaged in specified project activities, as appropriate to the position.
- Driving monthly performance of productivity, quality and impact goals by ensuring that appropriate KPIs are set, monitored in real-time and attained.
- Preparing and monitoring work plans and task schedules by incorporating the sales pipeline into planning, developing and executing capacity schedules.
- Analyzing, designing, documenting and implementing internal reporting systems and procedures for the business entity within specified functional area of operation. Preparing performance reports by ensuring timely collection and analysis of data and trends.
- Executing continuous improvement programmes by identifying and resolving problems; initiating corrective operational actions; preparing and executing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvements.
- Coaching and developing team members through regular monitoring and feedback.
- Maintaining operational and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in data center operations management.
- Achieving customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) through operational excellence and KPI management.
- Initiating ISO standards as necessary and ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Providing strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices and procedures within the specified functional area of focus.
- Enhancing departmental and organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensuring delivery of Client KPIs/targets including day to day service levels, quality measures and compliance measures. Managing and delivering project work and reliable information in accordance with agreed plans and schedules.
- Ensuring that all monthly revenue targets are attained and surpassed with timely and high quality project execution.
- Managing new project launches in collaboration with the Sales, Service Delivery and Center Management teams.
- Providing internal and external stakeholders with transparent and attentive project management support covering production and quality management.
- Managing, organizing and coordinating the day to day work of the account management and production staff of the different accounts within the Centre to deliver the highest standards of service to clients.
- Leading and managing the account management and production staff, ensuring that they are well trained and motivated to meet the objectives and priorities of the Centre.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations or related discipline or equivalent
- Advanced Excel and G-sheet skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- At least 8 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 3 years at senior management level in a BPO environment including operational planning and execution, process design, systems and capacity planning. (Experience in a busy contact centre may be considered)
- 5 years’ account management/client services experience will be an added advantage
- Significant experience in project management is required
The ideal candidate will:
- accept challenges and tackle difficult situations and meet the expected goals
- possess good project management skills and attention to detail
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be self-motivated and can learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- have strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- show demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to recruit and develop a team
- have proven ability to build renewable revenue and expand business and margins within clients
- have proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying close attention to the details
- show demonstrated ability to collaborate across an enterprise toward mutual success with the ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal.
- have the capability and flexibility to meet demands and change drivers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted