Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. It works!!
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
REPORTS TO: Principal Investigator
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: Some responsibility for ICT hardware maintenance to support data collection and planning for updates / additions. Some responsibility for managing small sums of money as part of managing fieldwork activities
- The post-holder will work with a Neonatal Research Team led by senior clinicians and epidemiologists and in partnership with a wider team undertaking extensive work of a related nature on paediatric hospital care. The post-holder will be expected to:
- Participate in the collection, processing, and compilation of hospital data on neonatal care and ensure all related records and reports are handled and managed in line with study protocols.
- Ensure staff in hospitals are familiar with studies being conducted in the field of neonatal care by providing regular updates to hospital staff on study progress (ensuring hospitals have up to date protocols and study documentation)
- Help develop, update and test data collection tools using REDCap software and fully document the databases and data collection procedures including any changes over time
- Provide support in training of data collection clerks including developing training materials, preparation of hardware / software, training schedules and conducting training.
- Provide ongoing support to hospitals to ensure accurate and timely data collection by:
- Monitoring the work of records clerks
- Undertaking quality assurance of collected datA
- Ensuring timely transmission and quality checking of data
- Working with clerks to make corrections to collected data
- Maintaining good records of the need for data error correction
- Ensure harmonisation of project work with hospital routines and health information collection procedures so that as far as is possible projects support partnering hospitals needs
- Support development of hospital feedback reports based on analyses of data for individual hospitals and across hospitals as part of efforts to improve monitoring and evaluation of neonatal care and efforts to improve quality of care
- Develop advanced skills in using R software to perform data analysis routines that can be used in providing regular feedback reports to hospitals and to develop scientific reports
- Present data on projects and progress to hospital staff and county / national ministry of health personnel as required
- Help write scientific reports for submission to scientific journals
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in a relevant health care discipline (eg nursing) plus relevant experience and skills indicating a good understanding of neonatal care provided in Kenyan hospitals
- One year post-graduate work experience in a relevant position
- Some experience / training in using or managing databases and experience in database design
- Experience in the process of data quality assurance and data cleaning and managing data collection activities
- Experience with training non-specialist staff to collect health care data
- Experience with report writing for data quality
- Experience with REDCap software or other database sytems
- Basic understanding of the statistical programme R
- Basic understanding of database design, quality control and data cleaning
- Understanding of data and ability to communicate results of basic analysis in writing and verbally
- Well developed troubleshooting capacity and clarity of thought
- Have high energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethics
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent customer support and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and to multi-task
- Ability to interact with users/ office colleagues in simple non-technical language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment and with multi-disciplinary teams
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 9TH JULY, 2017.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).