Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Hospital Engineer – Plant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Contribute in planning and designing of buildings and other Hospital facilities, including optimal utilization of space
- Assist in Project management, including scoping of customer requirements, translating them into a drawing, providing and costing bills of quantities, participating in tender process, bid analysis and assist in preparation of contracts
- Advise on site preferences, contractor briefing/induction, site conditions, and approvals, providing guidance and support to contractors and managing contract costs (measurements and variations/cost control to minimize costs)
- Maintain best practice engineering/building and works standards and ensure they are acceptable to the Hospital
- Advise on construction materials and methods so as to meet expected standards and quality
- Review, check and advice on contractors work plans to ensure that they are within reasonable timelines
- Coordinate acquisition of permits, licenses and all necessary building approvals
- Identify works / projects risks and create mitigations whilst ensuring applicable health and safety standards are maintained
- Supervise facility projects, refurbishment/upgrade activities and repair works and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality and allotted budgets
- Inspect, and where necessary timeously manage Hospital facility repairs including drainage systems, water systems, furniture & fittings.
- Collaborate and give input for implementation of three year multi annual maintenance plan for buildings and facilities for sustainability and proper planning
- Provide regular reports and progress reports by use of engineering project planning and monitoring tools
- Plan, prepare, attend and (where necessary) lead site meetings and inspections for Hospital building projects
- Manage performance of outsourced contractors and provide reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Construction Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University
- At least 5 years’ work experience in engineering and facility maintenance in an Hospital, Hotel, bank or other service organizations
- Experience in maintaining facilities for an Hospital or service similar organizations
- Proven Experience in Engineering projects, contract management and contractor supervision.
- Conversant with local and international building standards
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft programs, including MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD and arch-cad as well as other engineering software will be an added advantage.
- Experience with ERP application software is an added advantage.
- Highly skilled person with an eye for details and quality
- Forward planning capability
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be received not later than 7th July 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ag. Head, Human Resources, The Nairobi Hospital, P.O. Box 30026, NAIROBI – 00100