Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
The main purpose of this position is to oversee and ensure the collection, collation, cleaning and analysis of over 21 partner MERL data for reporting at Nairobi office level. The successful candidate will be responsible for partners’ data quality management and reporting during the program reporting cycles and within the entire program MERL system. The job holder may also provide field MERL and technical assistance as requested by field teams from time to time in liaison with the Nairobi based MERL Team Lead. The MERL Officer, under the guidance of the MERL Team Lead will work closely with the MERL, communications and program teams to ensure PEACE III indicator data upholds data quality standards – reliability, validity, precision, timeliness and integrity. Other functions for the role include data preparation and entry into program database systems and tracking and ensuring partner activity plans are up to date using the partner tracking tool. This position is based in Nairobi and reports to the MERL Team Leader.
Qualifications and experience:
· A critical thinker with attention to details mind set, able to streamline large datasets, both quantitative and qualitative from multiple sources ensuring quality in information shared.
· A holder of a university degree in Statistics, Economics, Research Methods, International Development, Development Studies or related field from a recognized university.
· 4 to 6 years of experience in M&E or Research for social programs or development.
· Knowledge and practice in data cycle management and USAID quality assurance standards.
· Knowledge and experience on how to synthesize large volumes of quantitative data into simple infographics for donor and external audience consumption.
· A good planner with conceptual skills to think and plan for outcomes/impact.
· Ability to coordinate M&E related information across multiple partners in five countries.
· Knowledge and application of computer and mobile systems or applications for data collection, reporting and storage.
· A team player with interest in numerics or large data sets.
· Experience in DQA for USAID funded program an added advantage.
· Good knowledge and application of data entry, analysis and presentation soft wares e.g. CSPro, SPSS, STATA and advanced Excel.
How to apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “MERL/Data Officer” on the subject line.
Deadline for applications is July 3rd, 2017