Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Department: Finance & Administration**
Direct hierarchy: Officer In Charge
Contract duration: Six Months (with possible extension)
Location: Mandera/Elwak, Kenya
Starting date: July 2017**
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Mandera/Elwak Kenya. However this position is dependent on approval of funding.
This position will require the individual to perform transparent and efficient logistic, financial, administration and security management for ACTED programmes in Mandera and Elwak.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Finance/ Administration
· Supervise and report on the financial flow (cash forecast) required in the office.
· Ensure proper documentation for all payments.
· Responsible for the handling of the petty cash, daily cash book and ensure efficient reporting of the balances to the Nairobi office.
· Follow-up the implementation of ACTED HR procedures at the base level and ensure that memo are well communicated to all employees of the bases.
· Ensure that all contracts are signed by new employee and all documentation is sent to the Nairobi offices.
· Ensure valid contracts of staff at the base level are kept up to date
· Maintain a control and check system of the attendance all staff at the base level and ensure updated Leave Follow Up and the attendance sheets are sent to the Nairobi office.
· Ensure to send the entire leave request forms for the staff at base level to Nairobi HR.
· Organize staff induction, management of appraisals with the line managers at the base level.
· Control and supervise the filing of staff personal folders.
· Responsible of the fleet management at the base level.
· Responsible of the base improvement (comfort, security,…) through rehabilitation work, furniture and equipment set up.
· Ensure that the computer and all communication equipment are functional and properly used.
· Responsible to make sure that contracts of services or procurement are relevant according to ACTED and donors procedures.
· Responsible for the assets and stock materials in the base, including monthly asset and stock inventory.
· Check field invoices to ensure ACTED procedures are followed (GFP, signatures…)
· Monitoring, reporting, advising on security context; attend security meeting and use both formal and informal means of communication to understand and anticipate potentially dangerous scenarios;
· In close collaboration with the Area Coordinator, the security manager and the Country Logistics Manager, support both at program and operational level the future establishment of a full team and an ACTED office in Mandera that meets ACTED’s SOPs
· Prepare daily updates and monthly reports on the security situation and any other reports requested by Security Manager;
· Work with the Project Officer on team’s weekly movement plans
· Will be the focal point for the security who provides the office security personnel
· ubmit logistic, administrative and financial inputs to the Project Manager/Officer for the weekly meeting.
· Send all logistics monthly TITANIC (park statement, asset list, inventories, fleet management, …)
· Send the cash flow needs cashbook & cashbox and reconciliation on a monthly basis to Nairobi.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
· A minimum of three years relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Fluency in Somali language is an added advantage
How to apply:
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 6th July 2017. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.