Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
The Programme Officer will maintain technical liaison and regular exchange within and amongst the membership of the AfESG, governmental, non-governmental agencies, donor organizations and their counterparts on issues related to African elephant conservation and management, and oversee the day-to-day administrative work and technical coordination of the activities of the AfESG Secretariat.
• An advanced degree: preferably, Masters in biological sciences with five years of experience in conservation in Africa.
• Knowledge and understanding of African biodiversity conservation and, including the practical aspects of conservation, and species conservation policy. Knowledge on taxonomy is desirable.
• Proven track record in successfully developing and managing programmes in conservation, natural resource management, and/or other related fields.
• Demonstrated experience of establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with other organisations and individuals.
• Strong people-management experience, including supervision of staff and consultants.
• Excellent communication skills, including an ability and willingness to use all available channels for communicating.
• Successful track record of fundraising is desirable.
• English language proficiency required. French language is desirable.
• A good command of computers, including a high level of competency with all Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with and knowledge of website design and management.
• Experience with and knowledge of using GIS is desirable.
• A proactive approach to work and an ability to work under pressure and manage competing demands, while delivering satisfactory and timely results
• Ability to work independently on guidance provided by the AfESG Chair.
• Ability to work co-operatively with others, for example in both an office situation and with members of the voluntary network.
• A team player with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, able to harness the commitment and enthusiasm of staff.
• Ability to form and maintain productive relationships with a variety of busy organisations and individuals.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Well-organized and logical in thought and action, with an ability to foresee and manage risk.
• Ability and commitment to act in accordance with the core values of integrity, respect for diversity and professionalism as spelled out in IUCN’s Code of Conduct and Professional Ethics.
Expected start date: 01 October 2017
Type of contract: Fixed-term (12 months)
Closing date: 23 July 2017
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.