Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
Reporting to the Regional Director for IUCN Eastern and Southern Africa Region (IUCN ESARO), the Regional Programme Coordinator (RPC) is a member of the senior management team. She/he will be responsible for the strategic development, steering and monitoring of the IUCN ESARO Programme, which consists of programmes and projects that are implemented in close partnership with IUCN members, Commissions and partners and are linked with global thematic programmes based at IUCN Headquarters in Switzerland and elsewhere. The RPC will represent the IUCN ESARO programme at the highest levels and will be responsible for ensuring successful programme delivery, outcomes and impact. She/he will establish excellent senior level relationships across the various sectors including governments and donors in the region.
• Postgraduate/advanced degree in a subject related to conservation and sustainable development, e.g. environmental economics, biology, environmental sciences.
• At least 10 -12years of work experience in an international environment, preferably in countries covered by the IUCN ESARO region
• Extensive background in project design, development, management and monitoring, with at least 15 years’ experience in managing successful multinational conservation and/or sustainable development programmes in an international environment.
• High level of knowledge about international and Eastern and Southern Africa technical and political issues; related to biodiversity, nature conservation and sustainable development.
• Extensive knowledge in strategic planning, conservation policy, project/programme cycle management, performance management and monitoring and evaluation.
• Proven capacity for fundraising through bilateral or multilateral partners.
• Proven abilities for developing, resourcing and leading large budget, multiple projects spanning numerous technical specialties.
• Excellent technical and report writing skills
• Adheres to IUCN ESARO core values of Transparency, Inclusiveness, Professionalism and Accountability;
• Computer literacy in relation to office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, powerpoint) use of internet and online communication tools;
• A deep sense of self-awareness as evidenced by the ability to articulate one’s own strengths, weaknesses and one’s impact on others.
• Good analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Expected start date: 02 January 2018
Type of contract: Fixed-term (36 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 31 July 2017
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.