Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure the project meets programmatic objectives; successful implementation and monitoring of preventing HIV through protecting adolescents from violence, abuse and exploitation with effective integration aimed at contributing to improved child wellbeing outcomes within Migori County.
In order to successfully do so, the Project Officer must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Project Planning & Implementation
- Ensure identification of local needs and resources
- Contextualize/adopt design guidelines and utilize at the Program Area/Project level
- Ensure accurate and quality project programming based on the partnership approved Health and child protection standards.
- Provide effective, innovative and technical leadership in child protection
- Develop quality project Annual work plans with clear targets, budgets and 4D matrices
- Mobilize Communities and partners (Health, Education, Children department, Interior and National coordination, police service, Youth and gender) for project implementation
- Provide field-level technical implementation leadership on preventing HIV and child abuse
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of HIV and child protection interventions in the ADP/Project as per approved Work plan, budget and donor requirements
- Ensure effective integration of the project interventions with other ongoing program interventions.
- Track, in liaison with ADP/Project Accountant, project implementation expenditure levels and manage work plans and budgets;
- Timely Mobilization and effective communication with communities and stakeholders during baselines and evaluations
- Ensure effective integration of gender, disability, Christian commitment, and advocacy into the Project Interventions.
- Ensure participation in County and sub county level partnerships with NGOs and other actors working on HIV and Child Protection to influence Policies on adolescents Health agenda
HIV Prevention & Management
- Work with partners to strengthen adolescents HIV prevention and treatment
- Work with institutions i.e. schools, community groups , health facilities to ensure adolescents have increased awareness on HIV prevention and treatment
- Work with partners to ensure quality adolescents friendly HIV supportive services are available
- Mobilize adolescents for uptake of HIV prevention & treatment services
- Facilitate formation of adolescent HIV prevention and treatment groups within and outside schools
- Work with stakeholders to develop adolescent sensitive HIV prevention and treatment plans
- Facilitate mentorship, life skills and peer programme for boys and girls in and out of school
- Strengthen health information systems to generation and utilization of quality data for adolescents HIV programming
- Facilitate county and sub county coalitions on HIV prevention and management.
- Work with partners i.e. children department, police , Judiciary , AAC etc. to strengthen child protection services for adolescents
- Mobilize and empower the Church and other faith groups to implement Channels of Hope on Child Protection & Gender targeting adolescents.
- Work with the children department to conduct refresher training to AACs
- Work with children department and schools to establish and or strengthen child rights clubs in schools
- Facilitation children assembly forums on child participation
- Strengthen Child Protection Management Information System for generation and utilization of quality data for Child protection programming
- Facilitate partners coalitions at county and sub county on child protection
- Ensure documentation of evidence based results through facilitation of project baseline, routine surveys and end line evaluation
- Engage community leaders and partners in the planning of the monitoring activities in an appropriate manner;
- Develop monitoring plan with communities and partners agreeing on the required standards for monitoring, with support from the Regional M & E specialists;
- Build the capacity of communities and partners on monitoring of HIV and child protection activities
- Ensure monthly monitoring of indicators as per schedule developed together with communities and partners;
- Analyze and utilize HIV and child protection data and take appropriate programming measures as may apply;
- Ensure participatory monthly data collection (involving community groups and partners);
- Support the utilization of HIV and child protection in DHIS2 and CPMIS for accurate data entry and analysis using the standardized tools;
- Facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements as needed.
- Contextualize and utilize reporting guidelines;
- Develop quality reports (Annual, Semi-annul and Monthly Management Reports) in-line with WV and donor reporting guidelines;
- Monthly monitor project expenditure and level of implementation and report on any variances to ADP Manager and NO Programme Officer for decision making;
- Ensure documentation of local needs and resources;
- Identify best practices on HIV and Child Protection within the ADP/Project for documentation;
- Liaise for guidance in documentation of best practices from the regional office and national office;
Empowerment & Capacity Building
- Build capacity of partners e.g police , children department , judiciary to address child abuse cases
- Build the capacity of partners to generate and utilize adolescents reports on HIV prevention and treatment & Child Protection
- Capacity Building of partners, CBOs (support groups, CVA group) and Committees (AACs, YAAGs) to be able to effectively manage and sustain HIV and child protection interventions
- Train and empower youth groups to mentor adolescents on HIV prevention & treatment and child protection
- Mobilize and empower the Church and other faith groups to implement Channels of Hope HIV, Child Protection and celebrating families.
Advocacy, Engagements, Networking & Partnerships
- Engage in HIV and Child Protection advocacy forums at the county and sub county levels.
- Establish and sustain working relationships with Government Departments and Agencies relevant to the programme’s focus area at the Ward, Sub County and County levels.
- Facilitate Quarterly Interagency Coordinating Committee (ICC) and Technical working group (TWG) meetings for monitoring child protection and HIV interventions.
- Participate in the Annual County Government’s Planning and Budgeting process and influence resource allocation to the priority needs of the adolescents within the Project Area.
- Ensure that Program participants and partners are kept informed of all the Government laws and policies in respect to the Project being implemented and any changes to government laws, policies and budgets.
- Work with community groups to utilize advocacy approaches such as Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) and Child Protection Advocacy (CPA) to enable service users and local partners to engage directly with local government service providers to improve the quality of government services for children and to generate information and evidence for use in national level advocacy work.
- Ensure effective mobilisation of community groups, youth and children, empowering them to hold their governments to account
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Public/Community/Environmental Health, Nursing or other health related field.
- Minimum two years working experience in Health, HIV, and Child Protection interventions.
- Good understanding of HIV and child Protection programming models, standards and guidelines in strong partnership with GoK ministries and Churches at the sub county and county levels.
- Significant experience working with an NGO, communities, state institutions and other partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proficient in English and Swahili.
- Computer literate
- Work environment: Based in Nyatike
- Travel: Mainly Domestic
- On call: During emergency.