Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
JOB REF NO HR/CAL/ASA/07/2017
CAL which is one of Royal Media Services subsidiary is a Kenyan video content company. We connect content producers and musicians to Kenyan audiences through our video on demand brand VIUSASA. We wish to recruit an Assistant Systems Administrator.
The roles and responsibilities will include the following among other duties:
- Monitor, maintain, and network availability for all users.
- Assist in network modeling and planning.
- Assist in installing and supporting the organization’s local area network (LAN) and internet systems.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining project cloud computing and system admin.
- Assist in implementing the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
- Designing best practices for backups, and whole infrastructure.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Oversees the installation, maintenance, upgrade and support of server hardware,
- Assisting the Systems Administrator on development of best practice and processes
Academic and professional Experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a professional IT administrator
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience in a busy and similar working environment
Personal Attributes and other requirements
- Detailed technical knowledge of Configuration Management
- Understanding of different project management methodologies.
- Understanding of storage clusters, fiber channel, NAS and associated storage technologies.
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/UDP).
- Patching of Both Servers and Workstations,
- Good knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems
- Windows OS and some scripting skills.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, Application Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th July, 2017 clearly indicating on the subject, JOB REF NO: HR/CAL/ASA/07/2017
The letter should be addressed to;
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Baobab House, 2nd Floor,
Westlands Office Park, Waiyaki Way, Westlands