Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.120,270 – Ksh.180,660 p.m. (Job Group ‘S’)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
· served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Vocational Education and Training, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in comparable and equivalent positions in the Public Service;
· a Bachelor’s degree in Education from a university recognized in Kenya;
· a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Applied Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Chemical Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Administration, Project Management, Entrepreneurship or relevant qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya plus a Diploma in Education from a recognized institution;
· a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Technology, Administration, Planning and Policy, Curriculum Development, Engineering, Architecture, Applied Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Chemical Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya
· attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution;
· demonstrated a high standard of professional competence and ability in management of vocational training;
· demonstrated proven professional administrative and managerial competence in work performance and results; and
· good understanding of national and international trends in vocational training policies and its role in the context of Vision 2030.
An officer at this level will head the Vocational Education and Training Directorate. He/She will be answerable to the Principal Secretary. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
· providing leadership in the design development, implementation and evaluation of Vocational Training policies;
· promoting integration of ICT in Vocational training;
· developing policy on vocational training quality assurance and standards;
· coordinating revitalization and promotion of Vocational Training in line with the national development agenda and Vision 2030;
· liaising with CDACC, TVETA, KNQA and other relevant Ministries/Departments, County Governments and other stakeholders on matters pertaining to the management of vocational training;
· facilitating Development and review of curriculum; and
· strengthening strategic partnership and collaborations among stakeholders on revitalization of vocational training.
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke OR
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website.
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 24th July, 2017