Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Sourcing for goods and services as per Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and regulations.
- Ensure all quotations/Tenders are registered in the quotation register.
- Ensure that LPOs and LSOs are promptly raised and progressed so that goods and services are delivered on time.
- Co-ordinate the advertising of procurement and disposal opportunities;
- Advise the Procuring Entities on aggregation and economies of scale buying;
- Ensure that no orders are issued without the necessary documentation.
- Liaise with Stores to ensure that goods being delivered conform to the user specification.
- Progress supplier’s invoices through Finance to ensure timely settlement;
- Maintain an updated list of suppliers;
- Carry out Market Surveys to ensure that the Authority obtains the best value for money;
- Ensure safe custody of all purchasing documents.
- Participate in quotation opening and evaluation committees.
- Keep custody of all contracts and ensuring follow up on deliveries.
- Provide Secretariat services to the Tender Opening/Evaluation Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Commerce or Business field;
- Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management CIPS/CPSP-K.
- Served in the Procurement department for a minimum of 3 years;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Professional Membership CIPS/KISM
- Meet the requirements of leadership and integrity as prescribed in Chapter six (6) of the constitution