Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Main purpose of job:
To work as part of a gardening team to develop and maintain the Residence grounds.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working as a team to ensure that the garden is maintained to a high standard
- Carrying out specific tasks allocated by the Head Gardener
- Cutting, watering & weeding lawns as necessary
- Maintaining & tidying flowers beds and potted plants
- Sweeping leaves from the lawns and driveways
- Pruning trees and hedges as necessary
- Maintaining the compost heap and vegetable garden
- Keeping the garden shed tidy and tools in good condition
- Inform the Head Gardener when supplies of fertilizers and pesticides need re-ordering.
- Keeping drains and gutters free of leaves and standing water
- Maintaining and cleaning of the swimming pool and its changing rooms
- Setting up and serving at official functions and clearing away afterwards
- Washing up when requested
- 3 – 5 years Gardening experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Health and Safety standards.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
46 Hours a week but must be entirely flexible depending on the Residence needs
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Kenya with the correct visa/status or work permit
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Please note that the British High Commission in Nairobi does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes.