Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Will be responsible for ensuring that thorough inspection and valuation of vehicles is carried out accurately for the purpose of underwriting
The role of a Motor Vehicle Valuation officer is office/field based.It involves:
- Inspection of motor vehicle and determination of their estimated market value.
- Diagnose and advise on problems relating to mechanical, electrical and body repairs.
- Determine vehicle road worthiness and suitability for insurance
- Road test vehicle accordingly
- Prepare and issue valuation reports within agreed SLAS.
- Advise on Insurance Automobiles
- Update daily register of all vehicles valued.
- Regular advice on changes within the automobile industries
- Review of valuation report done by external valuers
- Assist in dispute resolution on valuations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the manager
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering from a reputable learning institution.
- At least three years’ experience preferably in a reputable valuation firm
- Learning and Researching : Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.