Increase your chances of getting this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
The Administrative and finance assistant will be part of the team that aims to help pastoralists make informed migration decisions through relevant digital information. Project Concern International (PCI) seeks to recruit individuals who are passionate, knowledgeable and experienced administrative work and have basic financial skills. The program is looking for people who are excited about the opportunity to work on a social enterprise project that could have huge impact for some of the most marginalized populations in Kenya and across the continent. The social enterprise will be focused on product testing, launch, marketing and sales of the AfriScout mobile application to pastoral communities in Kenya’s Arid and Semi-Arid Lands. The successful candidate’s assignment will involve office management, support in procurement, preparation of financial requisitions and other administrative work.
Here is the program you would serve in this position: AfriScout
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative work
- Draft and type routine correspondences
- Maintain filing and other office systems
- Handles communication including telephone, fax and email
- Assists in preparing programs for visitors, including hostel bookings, airport transfer, ticketing etc.
- Support in arranging travel schedules and related logistics (including fund monitoring), together with expense claims for staff
- Maintains office environment and stationary supplies with appropriate records
- Liaises with the appropriate units for repair, supply and maintenance of office facilities
- Completing procurement forms – procurement requests, purchase orders etc.
- Simple bid analysis
- Carrying out due diligence on suppliers
- Financial support
- Assists in processing financial requests- payment requests, travel advance request etc.
- Assist in completing expense reports
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Secretarial Science & Office Management, Business Administration or other relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
- Efficiency with use of (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is essential
- Basic financial training- at least CPA1
- At least 2 years’ experience in as an administrative and finance assistance preferable for an NGO
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work a nontraditional work schedule.
- Balance: combining patience, empathy, and honesty with the assertiveness, clout and drive to see any job through to the end.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Solution orientated
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
There are a quarter of a billion pastoralists in Africa using basic, and increasingly unreliable methods to find adequate grazing. SAPARM (Satellite Assisted Pastoral Resource Management) fuses traditional knowledge and practices with the accuracy of satellite imagery to more precisely locate grazing areas. After completing a successful proof of concept in Ethiopia in 2013/14, PCI has expanded to reach over 1 million pastoralists with support from USAID/DIV and Google. Initially piloted with paper maps, PCI has now developed an android powered app called AfriScout. With the rapid uptake of smartphones and increasing mobile broadband coverage in East Africa, Google granted PCI additional funding to develop and test a fee-for-service model using the mobile app version of SAPARM called “AfriScout”.
Job LocationNairobi, , Kenya