Increase your chances of getting a job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd is seeking to fill a position with dedicated, experienced and highly talented hospitality professional.
Position: Electrician ( Mombasa Beach Hotel)
1. To assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipments, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools and ensure soundness of electrical systems.
2. Diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the fault.
3. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
4. Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
5. Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
6. Test electrical continuity, earth rods systems and electrical wiring, equipments, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and test lamps and ensure compatibility and safety.
7. Install ground leads and terminates power cables to equipment and electric appliances.
8. Repair or replace wiring, equipments, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
9. Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipments, and fixtures.
10. Place conduits (pipes, tubing and ducting) at designated partitions.
11. Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
12. Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to house electrical switches or outlets.
13. Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
14. Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
15. Provide assistance during emergencies by operating emergency lighting such generators.
1. Minimum ‘O’ level
2. Professional Qualification: Certificate in Electrical Wiring
3. Technology/electrical wiring from a recognized post high school training institution.
4. Computer literate
5. Length of experience: minimum 2 years.
6. Additional skills required: (Multi task), Good communication skills-written & spoken. Ability to work under minimum supervision, demonstrate meticulous attention to details.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above positions and can demonstrate that your knowledge, skills, abilities and work experience match the criteria given, please submit your application with a detailed CV attaching
copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, stating current position, current remunerations
package, three professional referees, email and telephone to the address shown below by close of business of
Monday, 21 August 2017
The General Manager (KSLH), P.O.BOX 90414-80100, MOMBASA.