Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
African Conservation Centre is a non-governmental organization dedicated to the development of Africa Conservation excellence with a focus on conservation of bio-diversity eco-systems landscapes while ensuring sustainable benefits to local livelihoods of host communities.
We seek to recruit a dynamic and innovative professional to fill this position.
Reporting to the Accountant, the accounts assistant shall be responsible for executing systems, procedures and controls of the accounting function covering the accounting policies, procedures and control, manner of record maintenance and reporting requirements. The position will be based in the Nairobi Headquarters office with occasional field travel.
Posting Data to the accounting system on a timely basis.
Generate financial reports e.g. monthly, Quarterly, midyear and annual reports.
Evaluate receipts and expenditure forms, LPO to ensure completeness and compliance to policies before posting in the accounting syste
· Preparation of a monthly creditors Aging report
· Ensure accurate maintenance of all ACC financial and accounting files through proper filling of all documents with requisite approvals.
· Reconciliation of monthly bank accounts, and submit the same for review to the Accountant and the Director.
· Reconciliation of creditors schedule with suppliers’ statements, imprest accounts for determination of outstanding balances
· Ensuring all imprests from field officers are surrendered and reflect value and are cleared within the stipulated time as per ACC financial policy.
· Reviewing of all imprest surrender documents provided by staff and assessing, testing and judging the allowability, allocability and reasonability of different expenses incurred to concur with the donors financing agreement.
· Individual imprest staff accounts with personal statements to determine outstanding surrenders.
· Ensuring that all supporting documents and relevant evidence provided by staff are bonafide and adequate as per the donors financing agreement.
· Any other responsibility as assigned by the management and Executive Director
· Possess a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting. Possession of CPA Section 4 will be an added advantage.
· Proficiency in an accounting software. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft dynamics will be an added advantage.
· Familiar with NGO accounting and donor reporting
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy environment.
· Good Interpersonal skills and
· Problem solving and Analytical skills
How to Apply
How to apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application indicating current salary, a detailed cv; names of three referees by 20th September 2017) to email@example.com only short listed candidates will be contacted.