Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Control Officer will be responsible for the conventional- Broking debt portfolio and compliance matters in liaison with sales Team and underwriting broking teams business support the production of timely & accurate reports for prompt management reporting. Provide a supervisory role and ensure appropriate debt controls and procedures.
- Monthly Reconciliation of debtor’s balances and preparation of debtors aging analysis report for presentation during monthly credit control meetings.
- Reconciliation of all the old debtors’ accounts balances and recommending write offs or referral to debt collectors.
- Ensure accurate intermediaries statements. Analyse and reconcile all brokers’ statements and provide the statements monthly to all the stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Following on the difficult accounts as recommended by sales team and credit control committee. Report progress to credit control committee, with recommendations in cases of failure to pay.
- Responding to queries from brokers promptly, including timely settlement of Brokers’ commissions.
- Highlight challenges facing the operating systems e.g. SIRIUS, errors noticed to be reported to the business ICT department immediately.
- Ensure payments received is allocated and receipted appropriately and follow up with brokers for allocation schedules.
- Regular meeting with the broking team to ensure statements reconciliation are up to date and any disputes are resolved.
- Reconciliation of the debtors listing totals to the GL balances.
- Reviewing and signing off the bank reconciliations on collections accounts on a monthly basis
- Liaising with External Auditors during Interim & final Audits by ensuring that all the schedules are prepared on time.
- Ensuring that all audit issues are acted on time
- Ensuring that other payments like GIT co-insurance are paid
- Provide leadership to subordinates through motivation and providing direction.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- Group life sales and service
- General sales and underwriting
- Medical department
- Agency offices
- Risk Department
- Investments Department
- Actuarial Section
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (Finance/Accounting option preferred)
- Professional Qualification at least CPA Part 2 or equivalent Qualification
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position desirable
- Sound knowledge and well-developed Information Communication and Technology (ICT) skills with hands on experience with computerized accounting applications systems and Microsoft office software (word, excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook)
- Experience and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations within a team and colleagues from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds with the ultimate aim of achieving organizational goals
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to identify priority activities and assignments and ability to make necessary adjustments as required.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge to other staff colleagues at all levels into practical and beneficial use; strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain the assistance and co-operation of others in a team endeavor.
- Possess an innovative mind, a positive attitude and motivation to acquire new knowledge.
- Efficient and effective capture of accounting transactions
- Accurate and up to date reconciliations and analysis of accounts.
- Ensure adherence to service level agreements (SLA’s) especially in regard to commissions payments and filing of Accounts.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analyzing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organizing: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.