Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
a)Handle petty cash disbursement and prepare documents for replenishment
b)Receiving and validating all expense claims, petty cash, travel claims e.t.c
c)Arrange for cash withdraws on the basis of duly approved requisitions
d)Preparation of payments by ensuring that all the supporting documents are attached
e)Receipting and banking and ensure a regular monitoring of bank balances
f)Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliation IUCN-Garissa account
g)Printing and distribution of income and expenditure reports to supervisor
h)Assist with preparation of donor financial reports
i)Maintain Fixed Assets Register
j)Filing of accounting documents
k)Carry out any other relevant related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
|• A Bachelor degree in Finance, business management, accounting or related fields
• Progress towards attaining a professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA
• A minimum of at least three (3) years relevant work experience in national, international organization or an embassy. Working knowledge of Accounting Package using Microsoft Navision is an added advantage
• Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili required. This position is based in Garissa and its environs – knowledge and understanding of the local dialect will be an added advantage
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with multiple institutions and in a team with minimum supervision.
• High personal integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to consistently meet scheduled deadlines
• Experience in working in the project sites is an added advantage
• Adheres to IUCN ESARO core values of Transparency, Inclusiveness, Professionalism and Accountability
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of 1,300 Member organisations and some 15,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.