Increase your chances of landing this job interview, get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
TO SUCCEED IN YOUR JOB SEARCH READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
POSITION TITLE : Grants & Administration Manager
REPORTS TO : Finance and Administration Director / Program Director
LOCATION : Kisii
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
The role of the Grants and Admin Manager will be to organize, coordinate and provide grants management support to sub-recipient partners in Kisii and Migori Counties and provide oversight and support to financial and administrative duties in Kisii and Migori Regional Office and to ensure consistent adherence to UMB/Funder policies and procedures as well as GoK rules and regulations for clear functioning of the Finance and Administration Department.
· Ensure grants and the Regional office comply with Rules and Regulations governing the funding and reporting procedures employed in the creation of Sub-awards and UMB policies.
- Regularly update and implement directives from the HR & Operations Manager on operations & Administration and preparation of progress reports;
· Ensure that Sub-awardees are compliant in terms of reporting requirements as laid out in the Sub-award Agreement. This may involve hands-on assistance and training;
· Prepare the Certified monthly, Quarterly Expenditure Reports and Advance Requests as required by the Sub-award Agreement;
· Act as UMB liaison with all Sub-awardees.
· Prepare periodic updates on the Sub-awards for UMB management. The dates for such reports shall be provided by program management;
· Supervise the grants and office administrative teams and as designated by the Program Director.
· To validate invoices and ensure timely and accurate payment of those expenses.
· To oversee petty cash management, including regular physical cash count and reconciliation and accountability of any unexplained discrepancies via cash certifiactes.
· To monitor and ensure timely financing of activities and clearance of advances.
· To ensure consistent adherence to UMB/Funder policies and procedures as well as GoK rules and regulations for clear functioning of the Finance and Administration Department
· Ensure that UMB assets are managed and used according to CDC /UMB regulations.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Administration and Finance& Regional Program Director/HR & Operations Manager.
· Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and CPA, ACCA.
· Professional accounting qualification
· 8 relevant years of experience
· Experience in managing USAID/CDC funded projects
· Strong analytical, supervisory and management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting packages.
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and updated CV showing names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 22nd September 2017, indication the position as the subject of the email.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.